If you want to master the Thai language in spoken and written form, we can help you get up and running quickly. Learning Thai with professional Thai teachers, a fun and friendly atmosphere, international environment, free social activities and an ED visa service. Great location next to BTS Ploenchit. Start learning today! call: 02-675-3915
- How long can I study Thai at your school?
Students at Language Express are able to study Thai supported by an ED visa for 6, 9 or 14 months covering the beginner, intermediate and advanced levels of the Thai curriculum.
- What are the course requirements?
The ED visa course has a couple of requirements that the student must fulfill. An ED visa student must study 8 lessons per week, which can be achieved in your own time with our flexible schedule and the student must come every week – bar exceptional circumstances. Our ED visa packaged are as follows;
Thai Course + ED Visa
|Number of Lessons||Time Period||Price (THB)|
- Who can study?
Students from all around the world and over 16 years of age are able to study Thai at Language Express with an ED visa. Please check the process below to see more details.
Education Visa Services
Thai Language ED Visa Procedures
Dear Valued Customer, We would like to inform you in more detail about the ED-visa process regarding immigration regulations, MoE regulations and our system in order to reduce possible misunderstandings.
The visa process is made up of 5 steps:
The first letter from MoE (Approval for enrollment): The student must have at least 1 year of validity remaining in your passport, and 4-6 weeks before the expiry date of your current visa.This letter is necessary for applying for an ED-visa at a Thai embassy Abroad.
Applying for an ED-visa at a Thai embassy abroad: We will prepare the paperwork for the ED-visa application after receiving the first letter from MoE. The student must inform LX of the intended location where you are planning to apply for the ED-visa and the date that you are intending to depart. Normally, the student will get 90 days for their first ED-visa.
The second letter from MoE (Official enrollment with duration of study): The student must submit 2 copies of your passport within 2 weeks of arriving in Thailand. The MoE requires the initial submission of documents within 30 days of the visa holder’s arrival in Thailand. Failure to submit the passport copies within 2 weeks may result in an unsuccessful visa extension.
ED-visa Extension: The student must submit a copy of your passport at least 2 weeks before your visa expiry date for document preparation. Immigration requires class attendance sheets for at least the previous 3 months. We must report actual attendance.
Exam at MoE: Students must have obtained a score of at least 70% on the LX exam. Make sure to contact the LX visa team for test preparation and an appointment for the exam after having an ED-visa for 2 months (English course).
ED Visa FAQ
A Thai Education Visa is a special permit that allows you to remain in Thailand for educational purposes for a period of at least four to six months. Having an ED visa allows you to move to Thailand or continue living in Thailand for the purpose of study legally without the hassle of having to exit and enter the country constantly on multiple short tourist visas or border runs.
- Most nationalities are able to apply for ED visas (with exception of some countries designated by The Ministry of Education)
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- Applicants must enroll in a full-time English or Thai course with us.
Note: The length of the visa granted is determined by the Ministry of Education and Thai Immigration.
- All students must come to class 4days/week, 2hours/day. Attendance is closely monitored by The Ministration of Education.
- All terms and conditions regarding ED visas are subject to change depending on Ministry of Education regulations without prior notice.
- All visas, including the visa extensions, are evaluated by the immigration office.
- By following all of these regulations, our school is able to service visa applications.
- Preparing all documents and submitting applications for ED visas, as well as visa extensions, are a complimentary service for your convenience.
1. Enroll in one of our ED visa full time Thai or English Courses
2. Prepare the following
- Your receipt of full tuition payment
- A valid passport with at least 1 year validity remaining
- 12, 3×4 cm ID photos (There is a photo shop next to school)
- Application forms (supplied by Language Express, completed by the student):
– 6 copies of Personal History Check
– 4 copies of Purpose of Attendance
- A criminal check from your home country (for certain nationalities selected by the MoE)
- For English courses, you must provide proof that you have completed secondary education
Our school has a friendly Customer Service team who has more than 5 years experience and will be able to help you and guide you through the process, from choosing the right course to filling in all of the paperwork. You don’t have to worry or feel stressed as we will make sure that the process is as smooth as possible.
Ususally, the process of applying for the visa will take between 4 and 6 weeks after the application has been completed and submitted to the Ministry of Education. After the appropriate approval has been given by the Ministry of Education the student must leave Thailand to apply for the visa.
Yes, you are able to apply for an ED visa even if you are not in Thailand at this moment. However, all documents used for the application must be originals and sent securely between us via DHL. The process may take slightly longer due to this.