Communicate fluently in social and professional situations.
Course duration: 72 text based lessons
Lesson Duration: 100 Minutes
Who is this for?
Arrival lessons are text based lessons suitable for learners who want to focus on mastering advanced skills and conversational fluency.
Arrival lessons in detail
- Text based lessons are conversation lessons that feature 200 to 400 word articles.
- The lessons centre on a lifestyle related topic and begin with warm-up discussion questions. Predictive questions precede the article, to encourage interest and maximise understanding.
- The article can be used either as a reading or listening task for students to practice their skimming and scanning skills.
- The lessons present a brief study of grammar points, phrasal verbs or idioms for the students as well as questions to engage them in discussion on the topic.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Effectively comprehend articles written for native English speakers.
- Understand specialist vocabulary, jargon, and slang.
- Select appropriate language to match the style or tone of the context.
- Present clearly developed lines of argument in an open discussion.