Interact in most social and professional situations.
Course duration: 144 (72 conversation lessons 72 plus lessons)
Lesson duration: 50 minutes
Who is this for?
Interchange lessons are question based lessons suitable for learners who want to focus on fluency and communication skills for networking, discussion, and presenting ideas.
Interchange Conversation in detail
- As with dialogue based lessons, question based lessons contain a vocabulary list.
- Some lessons will also include a questionnaire designed to serve as prompts for the topic questions.
- The topic questions provide students with the opportunity to practice asking and answering questions. They revolve around the lesson topic, but often also include related question structures. The focus is on asking and answering the questions naturally.
- Question based lessons lessons reinforce basic structures on common topics using “Wh” questions so they are an important step before students get into more complex work in Level 4 (Arrival).
Interchange Plus in detail
- Writing exercises for interchange introduce transition words and phrases which connect two thoughts. Such transition words can be useful in IELTS, TOEFL, or GED writing.
- Grammar practice presents a grammar point followed by exercises to check the students’ understanding and application of what they’ve learned. A game or activity relating to the grammar point is provided at the end of the lesson.
- Role-play activities for Interchange take the student deeper into a profession and challenges the student to do mock interviews, pro-con lists and debates, or in-store roleplays.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Accurately and confidently formulate questions and follow-up questions
- Extend conversations by asking follow-up questions.
- Exchange opinions and engage in discussion on a range of themes.
- Participate in free-flowing natural conversations
- Present connected thoughts and ideas using acquired writing skills.