Suitable for: Advanced learners who wish to master their communication and written skills
Course duration: 48 text based communication lessons
Lesson duration: 50 minutes
Script: All Arrival lessons are presented entirely using the Thai alphabet. Translations are included in the back of the book.
Arrival lessons in detail
- Text based lessons are conversation lessons that feature 200 to 400 word articles.
- The lessons centre on a culturally relevant topic and begin with warm-up discussion questions. Predictive questions precede the article, to encourage interest and maximise understanding.
- The article can be used either as a reading or listening task for students to practice their “skimming” and “scanning” skills.
- The lessons present a brief study of grammar points, colloquial expressions or idioms for the students as well as questions to engage them in discussion on the topic.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Speak freely and coherently about a selection of practical and abstract topics
- Read and understand a variety of socially relevant texts
- Write at length in a range of styles